Anesthesiology, 2 vol set
The new benchmark in anesthesiology
A Doody's Core Title!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"Whereas most current texts discuss the pharmacology of intravenous agents, this text is unique in its dedication of entire chapter (chapter 42) to total intravenous anesthesia. This is a refreshing recognition of the utility and potential advantages of total intravenous anesthesia....does an excellent job of covering all the pertinent topics in an organized manner. Like the other comprehensive texts, it is unlikely to be read cover to cover, but provides a superb clinical reference for residents and practicing anesthesiologists. Any new textbook in a field with well-established texts faces an uphill battle, but with its unique organization and clinical focus, Anesthesiology will create many satisfied customers."--Anesthesiology
"In summary, Anesthesiology is an excellent choice for all anesthesiology residents and clinicians. It contains abundant and current information for clinical practice as well as the styles and standards for safety. At present it is the most up-to-date comprehensive text of clinical anesthesiology."--Anesthesia and Analgesia
Written and edited by an internationally known team of experts, Anesthesiology gives you a 360-degree view of the field, covering all of the anesthetic considerations, preparations, and procedures for the surgical patient, the pain patient, or the critical care patient. You'll find a unique balance between clinical information, practical clinical procedures, and the molecular and basic scientific underpinnings of anesthesiology practice.
Anesthesiology delivers a multi-perspective, wide-ranging view of anesthetic drugs, procedures, co-morbid diseases, and need-to-know postoperative pain management strategies. This essential guide not only focuses on general anesthesia, but also is the first to feature a detailed look at the subspecialty of regional anesthesia.
- Top-to-bottom coverage of the entire field--from preoperative evaluation and intraoperative anesthesia care to care of the critically ill or chronic pain patient
- Emphasis on safety, quality, and patient-centered care, with an entire section on risk reduction
- A focus on the clinical applications of anesthesiology
- Complex concepts explained by graphics and illustrations, not equations and formulas
- Full-color format and illustrations
- Specific drug and interventional guidelines for the clinical management of every OR/post-OR scenario in the anesthesiology field
- Key points and key references presented in each chapter
- CD-ROM that allows you to download illustrations and images to your PowerPoint presentations
ISBN : 9780071459846, Author : Longnecker, Publisher : McGraw Hill - 2007, Dimensions : 28.7 x 23.6 x 8.1 cm, Paperback : 2304 pages
No posts found