Cart is empty
*Price and stock are subject to change without prior notice
*The book's cover may not be the same as International Edition
With a depth of background knowledge not usually seen in a text containing practical, highlighted strategies, unit and lesson plans, suggested activities, recipes, and more, A Practical Guide to Early Childhood Curriculum, 9th edition, emphasizes the importance of a child-centered curriculum that encompasses the whole child - physical, social, emotional, creative, and cognitive - with an underlying purpose of guiding students and newly qualified teachers to explore how young children learn, what they can learn, and the specific concepts, ideas, and strategies that are developmentally appropriate.
Core chapters provide coverage of social studies, language development, literacy development, science, problem-solving and math, music and movement, creativity, art, and dramatic activities.
Features of this popular text include:
- A developmental approach to teaching young children by teaching how to plan experiences in accordance with the developmental needs of the children in the classroom.
- A strong focus on the cognitive areas of the curriculum and effective methods of curriculum implementation.
- Addition of National Standards and a plethora of helpful ideas address key concepts throughout the text.
- Updated references throughout with many new references added to update and support the current text.
- Contains a condensed historical perspective and developmentally appropriate practice.
- A new Chapter Three addresses a variety of assessments, their purposes, and how to assess young children.
- An entire realignment of chapters in this new edition reflects the updated content.
This applied guide to planning and implementing curriculum across the content areas, for children ages 3 to 8, provides students with a depth of background knowledge not usually seen in a text containing practical, highlighted strategies, unit and lesson plans, suggested activities, recipes, and more.
Core chapters cover:
- Social studies (including diversity, social-emotional development, physical activity, and nutrition)
- Language development
- Literacy development
- Science (3 separate chapters)
- Problem solving and maths
- Music and movement
- Creativity, art, and dramatic activities
Key changes to this edition include a new chapter devoted to assessment, integration of developmentally appropriate practice in Chapter 1, expanded coverage of national standards and how to incorporate them into the daily curriculum. There are also new “Ideas” boxes with specific ideas to support particular topics, and new photographs of children and classrooms.
ISBN : 9780132746007, Author : Eliason, Publisher : Pearson - 2012, Dimensions : 27.5 x 21.6 x 2.3 cm, Paperback : 456 pages